Newport Spectra-Physics Newsletter - #32 - May 2010 - (Page 11)
w w w. n e w p o r t . c o m
Wavelength Extension Unit
Adds CARS modality to enhance the imaging capabilities of two-photons microscopes.
The WEU-01 Advantage Easy to integrate with ultrafast lasers for CARS spectroscopy, microscopy and pump-probe experiments Can be used with existing two-photon microscopes to add CARS modality Uses PCF as supercontinuum source for broadband CARS Easy to modify for various scientific applications Standard and OEM versions are available
See our website for more info. www.newport.com/WEU
microscopy. It can also be integrated with two-photon microscopes to add CARS modality to enhance the imaging capabilities of microscopes. This wavelength extension unit uses a photonic crystal fiber to generate a broadband supercontinuum light source that can be used as the probe beam in pump probe spectroscopy, Stokes beam in CARS, etc., depending upon the application. The high performance optical and opto-mechanical components make this device robust and stable.
Newport’s new wavelength extension unit is a pre-aligned turn key solution for various spectroscopy and microscopy applications. This device can be easily integrated with ultrafast light sources to perform CARS spectroscopy and CARS
N O N L I N E A R I M A G I N G
Coherent anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Microspectrometer
The Newport CARS-KT solution offers the big advantage of being a simple, cost-effective device for CARS microspectroscopy that can be readily built using standard off-the-shelf parts. It can easily be modified for various applications. The block diagram of the experimental setup is shown below.
MaiTai/Tsunami Ti:S laser Spectrometer FI Delay Line 2 Delay Line 1
XY FM CO
3 nm Bandpass
BS LP 800nm RELP LP SCG-800 Attenuator 1 ½ WP
Newport’s CARS-KT coherent anti-stokes Raman scattering microspectrometer solution is designed to integrate with Ti:Sapphire femtosecond oscillators to perform CARS microspectroscopy related experiments. In this solution a photonic crystal fiber is used to generate broadband supercontinuum that can be used as a Stokes pulse. This complete solution from Newport also includes detailed information on set up, alignment and components uses to help researchers save valuable time and resources.
FI: Faraday isolator – 1/2 WP: Half wave plate – BS: Beamsplitter – RELP: Razor edge long pass filter – LP: Long pass filter – SCG-800: Supercontinuum generation kit – FO: Focusing objective – CO: Collimating objective – SP: Combination of short pass filters – FM: Flip mount – PMT: Photomultiplier.
See our website for more info. www.newport.com/CARS-KT
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Newport Spectra-Physics Newsletter - #32 - May 2010
Cover and Contents
- Mai Tai® SP Short Pulse One Box Amplifier Seeder
- SCG-800-CARS Optimized Supercontinuum GenerationFiber Device
- Model 6100 Combo Laser Diode and TemperatureController
- Milan™ Laser Safety Eyewear
- Agilis™ AG-LS25-27 Piezo Motor-Driven Linear Stage
- S-2000AN Non-Magnetic Isolator
- OTS-LSC Laser Safety Curtain for SmartTable OTS Optical Tables
- DMH-DL-U Data Link for DMH-1 Digital Micrometer, USB Interface
- New Catalog Offering of Colored-Glass Alternative Filters
- Newport Optics Offered at Greatly Reduced Prices!
- New Focus™ Quadrant Photoreceivers Family
- 818-BB-50 AND 818-BB-50F Biased Photodiode Detectors
- WEU-01 Wavelength Extension Unit
- CARS-KT Coherent anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Microspectrometer
Newport Spectra-Physics Newsletter - #32 - May 2010