Newport Spectra-Physics Newsletter - #32 - May 2010 - (Page 4)
w w w. n e w p o r t . c o m
Optimized Supercontinuum Generation Fiber Device
To be used with 800 nm femtosecond lasers.
F I B E R D E V I C E S
SCG-800-CARS is a CARS (Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering) optimized supercontinuum generation fiber device for use with 800 nm femtosecond lasers. It contains 12 cm highly nonlinear photonic crystal fiber with zero dispersion points at ~775 and ~945 nm. The two closely spaced zerodispersion wavelengths enable stable, low-noise supercontinuum generation and allows for control of the spectral shape by tuning the pump wavelength. The fiber ends are sealed and mounted in quartz ferrules. The nonlinear
supercontinuum fiber is mounted in a robust, 25 mm diameter, 120 mm long aluminum housing, which can be easily mounted onto a translation stage. This white light generation device features built-in beam expansion at the end facets, facilitating easy coupling of the laser input beam and a higher damage threshold.
See our website for more info. www.newport.com/CARS
L A S E R D I O D E C O N T R O L
Combo Laser Diode and Temperature Controller
Accompanying LIV measurement software
The all new Newport Model 6100 combo laser diode and temperature controller provides up to 1500 mA of current (up to 10 V compliance voltage) for laser diodes and a 32 W bipolar output (4 A, 8 V) for operation with thermoelectric (TE) coolers. The unit features a DSP based temperature controller for fast settling times, and exceptionally low short and long-term stability. Ultra-stable current control, great stability and high reliability for laser diodes is achieved by a combination of outstanding electronics design and quality control. The unit supports high-speed data acquisition for LIV characterization. A rich software suite to perform LIV characterization, TEC controller tuning, monitoring/setup and LabVIEW drivers is included with this versatile unit.
Instrument Type Output Current Range Compliance Voltage Output Current Accuracy Output Current Resolution Short-Term Stability (1 h) Long-Term Stability (24 h) Output Power Laser diode and temperature controller 0–1500 mA 10 V ±0.03% (Full scale) 0.01 mA <0.0009 °C <0.003 °C 32 W
See our website for more info. www.newport.com/6100
Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of Newport Spectra-Physics Newsletter - #32 - May 2010
Cover and Contents
- Mai Tai® SP Short Pulse One Box Amplifier Seeder
- SCG-800-CARS Optimized Supercontinuum GenerationFiber Device
- Model 6100 Combo Laser Diode and TemperatureController
- Milan™ Laser Safety Eyewear
- Agilis™ AG-LS25-27 Piezo Motor-Driven Linear Stage
- S-2000AN Non-Magnetic Isolator
- OTS-LSC Laser Safety Curtain for SmartTable OTS Optical Tables
- DMH-DL-U Data Link for DMH-1 Digital Micrometer, USB Interface
- New Catalog Offering of Colored-Glass Alternative Filters
- Newport Optics Offered at Greatly Reduced Prices!
- New Focus™ Quadrant Photoreceivers Family
- 818-BB-50 AND 818-BB-50F Biased Photodiode Detectors
- WEU-01 Wavelength Extension Unit
- CARS-KT Coherent anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Microspectrometer
Newport Spectra-Physics Newsletter - #32 - May 2010