The International RESEARCHER and PhD STUDENT’s Guide to RENNES - (Page 37)

C o m i ng with your family The above information relates to researchers and those PhD students who benefit from the scientific procedure. Please note that this information might change depending on the current regulations when you arrive in France. Please contact the CMI Rennes for more information. A ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES Your partner should request, upon presentation of your hosting agreement: * a short stay C «conjoint de scientifique» visa for stays under 3 months. N.B. A 'C' visa is neither renewable nor extendable. When the visa expires you will have to return to your home country. Parents can request a DCEM (document de circulation étranger mineur - travel document for foreign minor) from the Ille-et-Vilaine prefecture. An appointment to submit the application must be made online. If the child was born in France - TIR (titre d'identité républicain - Republican identity card). * a long stay D «conjoint de scientifique» visa for stays over 3 months. A 'D' long-stay visa and 'residency permit to be requested within 2 months of arrival'. On presentation of the convention d'accueil, the note 'CESEDA L313-8' (scientist's spouse) will added. Remember that for the time being, your partner is not eligible for the long stay visa valid as residence permit. Children must have their own passport. You must apply for a long-stay visa equivalent to a residence permit with a "visitor" status (visa de long séjour valant titre de séjour -VLS-TS- statut "visiteur") for your children at the nearest French consulate. They will get a 'private and family life' residency permit permitting them to work in France without having to apply for a work permit. Its length of validity and renewal is the same as those on your residence permit. In the case of children, a titre de séjour is not compulsory until the age of 18. B EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM Attendance at school in France is compulsory between the ages of 6 and 16. Education is free in state schools, but must be paid for in private schools. However, the syllabuses are the same in both state and private schools because they are established at the national level. Most schools offer catering facilities for pupils at midday as well as, in the case of nursery and primary schools, a child-minding service both before and after school. o École maternelle (nursery school - from the age of 3) is not compulsory. o École élémentaire (primary school - from the age of 6) has 2 cycles : CP (cours préparatoire) / CE1 and CE2 (cours élémentaires years 1 and 2) and CM1 (cours moyen year 1) / CM2 (cours moyens year 2). o Collège has 3 cycles : 6th, 5th, and 4th / 3rd. o Lycée covers the 3 school years known as seconde (15 - 16 year olds), première (16 - 17 year olds), and terminale (up to the leaving age at 18). The baccalauréat is the school-leaving examination which is taken in the final year at lycée. Specialised lycées professionnels prepare students for vocationally-based baccalauréats professionnels and BEPs (Brevets d'Études Professionelles), and lycées techniques prepare students for the baccalauréats technologiques. A scientist's spouse must, within two months of their arrival, apply for their first 'scientist's spouse' residency permit at the prefecture of their place of residence. To find out more about European educational systems, see: Centre de mobilité internationale de Rennes Cité internationale 1, place Paul Ricœur - 35000 Rennes Accès : boulevard de la Liberté © Istock European Commission website : fr.php 37

Table of Contents for the Digital Edition of The International RESEARCHER and PhD STUDENT’s Guide to RENNES

Sommaire : Fr
Présentation de Rennes
A La ville de Rennes
B Le Centre de mobilité internationale de Rennes
Formalités d’entrée et de séjour
A Obtenir un visa
B Obtenir un titre de séjour
S’assurer et se soigner
A Sécurité sociale et assurance santé
B L'accès aux soins
Se loger
A Chercher un logement
B Informations pratiques
C Avant l’installation
D Garantie et caution solidaire
Banque et argent
A Ouvrir un compte
B Coût de la vie
C Impôts
D Retraites
Venir avec sa famille
A Démarches administratives
B Système éducatif
C Scolarité
D Modes de garde des enfants en bas âge
E Travail pour les conjoints
F Allocations familiales
G Chômage et droits des étrangers
Vie quotidienne
A Se restaurer
B Se déplacer
C Apprendre le français
D Communiquer
Temps libre : culture, loisirs, activités sportives
A Centres d’information
B Evénements culturels
C Loisirs, détente
D Activités sportives
Contacts utiles
Table of contents : En
Welcome to Rennes
A The city of Rennes
B The Rennes International Mobility Centre
Entry and residency formalities
A Obtaining a visa
B Obtaining un titre de séjour (residency permit)
Health insurance and health care
A Social security and health insurance
B Access to health care
A Finding somewhere to live
B Practical information
C Before moving in
D Deposit and co-signing
Banks and money
A Opening an account
B The cost of living
C Income tax
D Retirement pensions
Coming with your family
A Administrative procedures
B Educational system
C Schools
D Childcare facilities for young children
E Organising work for your spouse
F Family allowances/benefits
G Unemployment and the Rights of Foreigners
Daily life
A Eating
B Getting around
C Learning French
D Communicating
Free time : culture, leisure and sporting activities
A Where to get information
B Cultural events and festivals
C Leisure activities
D Sporting activities
Useful contacts

The International RESEARCHER and PhD STUDENT’s Guide to RENNES